Playing cricket is fun. Watching your favourite players play cricket is still more fun. As per the custom of every year, this current year also, the players are coming to leave all the audience with enthusiasm. Look forward to the skilful play of the most reputed players that are distributed in various teams and compete with each other to keep up the whole team such that they finally can hold the cup of the year. Awaiting moments for ICC World Cup 2016 are not far from now.
Schedule: International board of Cricket Council finalised the schedule where in the ICC World Cup 2016 comprises a maximum of two matches per day and a minimum of one match some days in the entire schedule. The series is giving its first match on 8th March and the ending final match is decided to be held on 3rd April.
Teams: As per the ICC World Cup 2016 News a total of 20 teams are going to present all the 58 tournaments that are decided to be played in 8 various venues like Dharmsala, Nagpur, Benguluru, Mumbai etc. Teams are divided into two groups namely A and B. Each group consists of 5 teams. The winner of Group A and B would qualify for the second round where they will play against established teams
Out of all the teams one of the team audience wish to give their presence is for the Afghanistan matches because of the team work involved among the team members. Few points about the Afghanistan team are
About the team:
- The team is listed among Group B
- First match of the Afghanistan is on 8th March played against Scotland at Nagpur
- Asghar Stanikzai does the Captainship for the team in the series
- Matches to be played by the team are three before the quarters round.
- Asghar Stanikzai, the Captain for the present years’ series had given his debut in February 2010. Presently it’s the fourth ICC T20 World Cup. He Scored 49 in a narrow defeat to Nepal in Chittagong in the ICC WT20 2014. Ever-present in the ICC WT20 Qualifier in 2015, scoring 131 runs in six matches. His style of batting is right hand side and bowls in a right hand fast-medium style.
- Mohammad Shahzad, the wicket keeper made his T20I debut in February 2010. This is his fourth ICC WT20. He is Afghanistan’s top scorer in the ICC WT20 Qualifier 2015 with 171 runs with a strike-rate of 176.28. His 118 not out against Zimbabwe in January 2016 set a new record for the highest individual score. He is the only Afghanistan batsman to score more than 1,000 runs in T20I cricket
- Shapoor Zadran, who made his T20I debut in February 2010, is known for the most wickets taken. He is playing in his fourth ICC WT20. He is Afghanistan’s leading wicket-taker in the ICC WT20 tournaments with eight wickets in his seven matches. In the ICC WT20 2014, he took two wickets against both Hong Kong and Nepal.
- Shafiqullah Shafiq is known for most runs made. He made his T20I entry in Colombo in February 2010. He rightly is playing in his third ICC WT20. Ever-present in the ICC WT20 Qualifier 2015, scoring 34 runs at a strike-rate of 261.53. He struck an unbeaten 51 from just 24 balls against Hong Kong in ICC WT20 2014.
Logo: T20 World Cup 2016 Logo for the Afghanistan team contains a red coloured ball hitting green coloured wickets. A yellow rising Sun, two red rolled ribbons.
ICC T20 ranking given to each team validates the number of matches played by each team and then gives the final ranking. For the Afghanistan team the ranking is given as per the entire 19 matches played by the team. The points scored are 1513 with an overall rating of 80.
The statistics of the team are judged by the Cricket Council such that the team reached up to Provisional round in all the three 2010, 2012 and 2014 years. Subscribe for the various offers released by the telecommunicating mobile networks to get updated with the T20 Live Score and experience a whole sum enjoyment.